Full Product Protection
Englaon Full Product Protection and Extended Care Warranty
These Terms and Conditions apply to Standard Warranty and Extended Care of products purchased from Englaon Televisions Australia.
Englaon Televisions and Remotes Warranty and Protection Terms & Conditions –
Warranty Period: 1 years
Warranty Type: Repair or Replacement
Warranty Period: 1 year included Optional Extended Full Product Protection: 3 years / 5 years
Warranty Type: Repair or Replacement: Parts/Labour
1. Monster Electronic PTY LTD Trading as Englaon Televisions Australia will provide parts and labour to you the Customer as set out herein.
2. Nothing in the warranty limits any rights you may have under the trade practices act or any other Commonwealth or State Legislation. Such rights cannot be changed by the conditions in this warranty. Subject to the conditions below this appliance is warranted by Monster Electronic and/or its Agents to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 12 months on non-combination models from the date of purchase (the “Warranty Period”)
3. This warranty:
a. covers products purchased as NEW, manufactured for use in Mainland Australia (not Inc. Tasmania or any other islands)
b. commences from the date of purchase as listed on the Customers invoice;
c. provides for the labour and replacement parts necessary to maintain your product in good operating condition as specified in this warranty however, if repair is needed because of product failure during normal usage, Monster Electronic has the option to repair or replace the defective product or part of the product with a product or part of the product of like kind and quality and a replacement part may be new or reconditioned of like kind and quality and may cost less than the original product purchased and no charges or refunds will be made based on the replacement product cost difference;
d. applies only to the original purchaser and cannot be transferred;
e. is only applicable when your appliance is used in a domestic environment;
4. Product Identification
a. Monster Electronic reserves the right to reject claims for any services or work where the Customer requesting such work or services from Monster Electronic /or its agents cannot produce for verification the serial number and the proof of purchase as per original purchase invoice.
b. The warranty will be voided if any original service or serial number sticker provided to be placed on the equipment is damaged, modified or removed.
c. In the event that a request for repair is made against a warranty where the service/Serial Number sticker is not attached to the product or the customer cannot produce for verification the original invoice, the repairer will not affect any repairs on the product and the Customer will be charged a service call-out fee.
d. Monster Electronic /or its agent reserves the right to reject the claim of service for any item is not packed in original box or equivalent. Customer will be charged a delivery fee-based on no original box or equivalent packaging.
5. What is covered by this warranty
a. The equipment is covered for faulty workmanship on parts that have failed under normal use which are contained within the product.
b. Monster Electronic and/or its Agents will decide if there are any defects in the material and/or workmanship
c. This warranty is only applicable for repairs on declared equipment carried out within Mainland Australia (not Inc. Tasmania or any other islands)
6. What is NOT covered by this warranty (excluded):
a. any damage or failure:
i. of equipment due to the product being inadequately serviced to manufacturer’s recommendations;
ii. resulting from environmental conditions including and not limited to dirt, dust, rodents, insects, rust, corrosion, salt built-up, of any part of the product including its parts; or
iii. resulting from excessive use “fair wear and tear”;
iv. resulting from poor installation including and not limited to positioning and externally fitted equipment such as plumbing and drainage, cabling, antennae or due to Incompatibility of connected equipment;
v. to the product caused by overheating as a result of sitting or positioning of the equipment, where there is no provision for adequate ventilation or a dust free environment;
vi. caused if your appliance has been dismantled, repaired or serviced by any person other than someone authorised by Monster Electronic
vii. to a product or components, caused by power surges or spikes, including and not limited to, mains power and telecommunications connections, or to other unspecified sources, incorrect power current, voltage fluctuation, amperage fluctuation, rust or corrosion;
viii. due to a dropped product; collision with another object, use of which is not designed, negligence, accident or deliberate misuse, theft, abuse, vandalism, flood, fire, earthquake, electrical storms or any other act of Good or any war-related events;
b. costs of attendance and testing where no mechanical or electrical failure is identified;
c. initial setup and installation of the product;
d. Normal maintenance costs and costs incurred through the installation of items listed as requiring periodic replacement;
e. products with removed or altered serial numbers;
f. consumables such as but not limited to bulbs/globes, batteries, remote controls;
g. removal and re installation of an internal component not performed by a factory authorised service centre;
h. cosmetic or structural items;
i. Any failures due to the interference from or to other products and/or sources;
j. Inability of the product to read or output damaged or copied media;
7. The Warranty Ceases if:
a. The product ceases to carry the original manufacturer’s serial number or is sold at an auction;
b. The product is rented;
c. Damage to the product has occurred as listed in point 6b.
8. Neither Monster Electronic nor its representatives provide loan equipment under the terms of this warranty.
9. Any unauthorised access to the internal hardware of the product will void this warranty.
10. Replacement items are “Like for like” and is not “new for old” and does not indicate in any way that a faulty product will be replaced with a new part or unit.
11. If you reside outside of the service coverage area of your nearest authorised service agent, this warranty does not cover the costs of transportation or travel expenses to and from your home.
12. Monster Electronic PTY LTD Trading as Englaon accepts no liability for items that are lost, damaged, or stolen as a result of freight, transport or storage. If you are required to transport the appliance to an authorised service centre, you must ensure that it is securely packed and insured.
13. On Public Holidays or other periods when regular business and wholesale operations are temporarily ceased, repairer availability and warranty response times may extend beyond the standard response times due to the availability of repairers and parts.
14. Special Conditions relating to LED / LCD TV’s, Panels, Television and Projections Equipment
a. All LED / LCD Panels exhibit some bright, dark or partially lit pixels, a normal limitation of these technologies, and the manufacturing processes involved and are usually not noticeable when viewing normal screen images and defective pixels are not a warranty issue unless they exceed the manufacturer’s specifications for pixel defects. Where there are no manufacturer specifications, Monster Electronic covers the screen provided for 11 or more pixels that are failing to display
b. Image retention or burn-in can be a problem for all phosphor-based displays. In extreme cases, permanent phosphor burn can occur if still/repetitive images are left on the screen for extended periods of time. Such damage to the screen is not covered by the warranty. Please ensure that the precautions in any documentation supplied with your product are followed in order to avoid permanent damage to your display.
c. Where a product is positioned higher than 1.2m from the lowest mount point, is wall/ceiling mounted or where aftermarket mounts and/or stands are used, or where the unit has not been installed by a professional installer, an extra service charge will apply to unfix and re-fix this product.
15. Any repair performed on a product under the warranty where no fault can be found, or the item is deemed by Monster Electronic, or an authorised, to be not faulty under this warranty, or the repair or fault is not covered under the warranty, a No Fault Found fee is payable by the warranty holder of a minimum of $98 Inc. GST. Any repairs or services required that are outside of the terms and conditions of the warranty can be carried out at the request of the customer or due to site attendance were fault is not covered under warranty as the product not been installed or set up correctly; a credit card may be required prior to the commencement of such services.
Please Note: If you unit fails out of warranty period we will repair it and send back with a set fee of only $100 plus GST.
Please contact Englaon for all warranty and product support requests.